Sunday, April 10, 2011

April 7th-Look at the mess you made, Mom!

You see this? This is what you get when you try to get the Elmers glue unstuck. Actually, it wasn't Elmer's glue. It was the Dollar Tree version. Liv and I are squeezing and squeezing and we can't figure out why it won't come out. So, I unscrewed the cap. It had a black plug blocking it. No problem, I'll just pick it off. Not so easy. And, I was talking on the phone to my mom while trying to do it. Because I am not of the patient type (and those who know me can attest to that) I gently squeezed it and the black plug shot off, across the room, and I was left with a long trail of glue. I was laughing so hard, my mother thought something was horribly wrong. When I was able to catch my breath, I finally told her what happened. Now, when I say I gently squeezed, that may be a SLIGHT lie. Ok, it's a big lie. I did't "gently" squeeze it. I squeezed it gently once, and since it didn't do what I wanted it to, I squeezed it hard. Because I squeezed hard, I made a huge mess. Had I been patient and worked at it, this wouldn't have happened, but alas, that's me. What can I say? So, I hang up the phone and get to work, cleaning the mess up. The whole time I'm laughing. Now, I can laugh at it because I did it. If Liv or Jake did it, I'd be fuming. Double standard, I know, but that's the glory of being a Mom. You can do that. So, as I'm cleaning it up, Liv is giving me commentary. "Mom, you made a big mess! You'd better watch it or you'll stick to the floor. Man, how are you going to clean that up?? Mom, I'm glad that was you that made that mess and not me!" lol She kept asking me why I was laughing. I told her I was keeping myself from crying at the big mess I made lol. So, lesson learned. When buying glue from the Dollar Tree, be very, very careful at removing the black plug.

No comments:

Post a Comment