Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tuesday, January 11th-I Love You, Bath Turd!

Funny way to start off a post, but then again, I live on a funny farm, so it all makes sense. And, of course, what else makes sense? Starting off the year, talking about Jake. Ah, my sweet Jake. God love that little boy. Most days, I just want to hold him and never let him go, but oh, on those off days, I want to feed him to the lions. I think what gets me the most about Jake, is he's a lot like ME! I am still trying to understand how my mother got out with her facilities intact, so I can do the same. But I digress....

Josey received some letters for Christmas from the Dollar Tree that go on the wall. They are the cute ones all pre teens use to litter their walls with "I love you" and "Justin Bieber is hotttt". I'd like to think that they don't put things like, "My parents suck", but I'm sure it's out there (and I'm sure my children have thought that on more than one occasion). Josey decided that she would put "I Love You" on the wall, and tack pictures of her friends there. She got a couple up and was waiting for me to print more. Jake had other plans. Somehow, he was able to go in the room, get the letters, and write out "Bath Turd" under her "I Love You" letters without anyone knowing it. Josey went in the room to talk to Liv or something (who knows) and I followed her in there. We both turned at the same time and saw "bath turds" on the wall. I'm sorry, but I became an 8 year old boy at that moment and laughed like hell. Josey cracked a smile then realized, hmm, those are MY letters! Her 12 year old pre-teen-ness then kicked in and the yelling started. Now, if you read "Bath turd" as if you were a person with a lisp (thanks, Brook, for that anaolgy) you COULD read that as "bastard". I know I did when I first read it, which made it even more funny. I'm wondering if that's Jake's phonetic way of spelling the word. Yes, I use that word and no, I'm not sorry. My children know there are words they aren't to repeat. When they are an adult, if they choose to use such words, that's on them, BUT until then, they are not allowed to repeat them in this house without getting in trouble. That's the glory of being a parent.

So, I will do what every mother does-replace the letters with Jake's allowance (after all, he ruined hers, right??) and will sit and await the next adventure. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. I love you Jake, you Bath Turd!! Freaking hysterical! The best parent cursing story in the history of ever. My boss is forever now named BathTurd!!

    ReplyDelete