Sunday, June 5, 2011

May 19th take 2-Unacceptable...Try harder.

So, we finally got thru the airport (which entailed shuttles, escalators, elevators, etc) and thru the taxi line (40 minutes, thank you very much) and got to the hotel. The kids, at this point, were in no mood to be good anymore. Apparently they wasted it on the Redmond Airport and getting thru the Las Vegas Airport. Needless to say, they were fighting, yelling at each other, etc. and I was D.U.N DONE. After waiting in the check in line for at least 20 minutes, we get to the check in counter. Now, I've had 5 years of hotel experience. Enough to know that when the agent is dinking with the keys for 5 minutes, they don't have the connecting rooms we requested. I'm getting more and more irriated (not just at the desk clerk, but the kids) and she turned to us and said I'm sorry, I don't have any connecting rooms tonight. I can get you as close as possible. At this point, I turned to the lady and said, "Unacceptable. Try harder." So, she went away for another 15 minutes. I thought I was going to LOSE MY MIND. She finally comes back and said they decided to upgrade us to one of the Penthouse suites for the night, then move us to the connecting rooms in the am. Thank you very much, we'll take it. We get up to the room, and walk into the master bath. The tub is SO big, the kids decided they wanted to go swimming in it. After all the crap we'd been thru, we said go for it.

They loved it. The mirror didn't stay clean for long (thanks, Liv and Jake) I don't think we all finally calmed down and fell asleep until 1am, then the kiddos were up by 6:30. Friday the 20th was good times...

No comments:

Post a Comment