Saturday, March 31, 2012

March 17 - Trouble in the Potty

So, there are no pictures with this story (once you read it, you'll understand why). I ran the kids with me to Redmond. We were going to run some errands before we met up with Hank. We ran into Fred Meyers. Literally, all I needed was one thing. I went back to the section to get the item I needed when Liv says, "Mom, I gotta poop." So, I haul her to the other side of the store (God forbid Fred Meyer has more than one potty). Jake askes to hang out in the electronics department. I say yes, thinking, we'll only be a few minutes. If I'd only known...Anyway, we get in the bathroom, and I let Liv go in the stall by herself. 5 minutes passes. 10 minutes. Liv's yelling from the potty, "I can't go!" over and over. I'm trying not to get irritated, but after 15 minutes, I finally yell thru the door, "Liv, if it hasn't come by now, it's not going to!" She asks for a few more minutes, which I begrudgingly give her. By this time, all the stalls are full. All the sudden Liv yells out, "Mom, this poop is REALLY big! I don't think I'm big enough to get it out! I think I need to be an adult!" All the stalls erupt with laughter. I'm torn between thinking it's the funniest thing I've ever heard and horrified. After 35 minutes (yes, you read that right) She was finally successful. I swear there's never a dull moment in my world. NEVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment