Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Dirt, Dirt, and More Dirt

The past few days have been pretty decent outside. I picked the kids up from Hank on Monday. When we got home, I decided to kick them outside to enjoy the sunshine and warmth (ahem, 56 degrees-heat wave!) while they could. There were a few hiccups (like Liv running to the door and crying, "Jake said he was going to hit me with muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud!" of course, just saying it was enough to get a crying, raging fit out of her, so even though he didn't throw mud on her, he got the satisfaction of making her mad) I went to check on them a few times, and they were filthy. Good thing it was bath night!!! I was doing laundry, and I was hearing a faint noise, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Brett finally yelled from the bedroom, "The kids are pounding on the house." (he was in bed, sick). I got a sick feeling in my stomach. I went outside, and found several sets of hand prints on the side of the house. I saw several shades of red in my brain. I was so angry, I didn't think to have them wash the prints off right then (which would've been the smart thing to do). My first instinct was to send them in the house to clean up and sit in their rooms awhile. Of course, one blamed the other. It's funny how you can match up hand prints to really find out who the culprit was (in case you were wondering, it was mostly Liv). They will be cleaning the side of the house on the next nice day.

Fast forward to today. Again, Liv wanted to go outside and play. I let her for reasons listed above, but told her NO MUD ON THE HOUSE. No problems...About 30 minutes later, Liv comes flying into the house, carrying roly poly bugs. Cute, right? In theory yes, except she was wearing her rain boots, and just where do you think she found said roly polys? IN THE MUD. In her excitment, she forgot to take them off at the door. It was one of those things that happens in slow motion. You turn and see it happening but you can't speak fast enough to stop it. Needless to say, there were dirt prints from the slider to my desk. I should be thankful that A) there wasn't anymore mud on the side of the house and B) Only half the trail was carpet *sigh*

Such cuteness...



Jake, laying in the dirt, digging.




the hand prints *sigh*



And the feet prints...








No comments:

Post a Comment