Thursday, January 5, 2012

It took just about a minute...

for a million things to happen while in the doctor's office. Let me set the scene: The kids walk into the door ahead of me while I finish a conversation with Hank. I walk in. Liv is sitting next to an old couple, and Jake is sitting on a leather ottoman about 7 feet from Liv. After I walk in, I had to do the "no, you go, you were ahead me." dance with some older guy that came in at the same time I did. I hear the kids chattering. I'm only half listening (because, let's face it-they weren't fighting). As I'm waiting for the receptionist, I hear Liv utter something to the effect of, "Blah blah blah fake farts, like this!" As I turn, she has both hands poised to make a fake farting sound. I catch her in time to tell her to stop and give her "the look" (that mostly doesn't scare my children, sadly) At this point, Jake is calling Liv "weird" to which she's taking great offense. I called Liv over and whispered (because there were about 6 people staring at me) that her behavior wasn't appropriate or acceptable, and to please stop. I asked her to go sit back down. As I turn to check in, I see Jake slide OFF the ottoman and throw himself to the floor, intentionally tripping Liv. Before I can say anything to Jake about it, Liv jumps up and goes at him like she's in a WWF ring, yelling, "You didn't have to do that, you big dummy head!" and proceeds to HIT him. At this point, I just want the floor to swallow me up. The guy behind me chuckled and said, "Well, that's one way to take care of that!". and giggled. Liv caught him giggling, then she turned to the old couple, who laughed. At this point, Liv thinks she's pretty cool. I'm horrified. See, sometimes when you're an observer, it's not good to laugh. Especially when my children are around. It only encourages them.

Good times had by all...Calgon, take me awwwwwwwwwwwway!

3 comments:

  1. Your kids are a hoot. But yes, that was definitely a "Calgon take me away" moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least it wasn't the "How can you abuse your child!" stare when your kid is having a total meltdown because you didn't buy them a toy. At least that was what my mom tells me, about once a year, even though I am 37, about the times I threw a tantrum ... because I didn't get a toy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an addendum, if I had kids of my own, and my mom had the satisfaction of seeing me suffer as she did, I might not get these annual reminders.

    ReplyDelete