Sunday, January 22, 2012

We Met HARNESS!

Brett and I watch a TV Series called Gold Rush. It's on the Discovery network. We've watched both seasons (though, season 2 is ending here soon). These gold miners are based out in the Valley, so I never expected to see them HERE. I was food shopping in Safeway and I'm in an aisle. I look up and catch this guy's eye and I think to myself, "Holy hell, that looks just like Harness!" (which is the guy who's the mechanic). I had to text Brett to confirm his name because I couldn't remember. So, Josey comes into the aisle and I'm telling her, OMG OMG OMG I swear that's Harness. She said she'd go up and ask. I told her no, until I could confirm it. I didn't want her to look like a butthead lol. So, we see him in the meat aisle (he's in the beef, we're in the turkey hahahaha) He goes to walk past us and I'm looking and he said Hi. Now, if any of you've watched the show, you'll know that Harness's voice is noticable. As soon as he said Hi, I knew it was him. So, I do what any normal person would do: Ask-Are you Harness from Goldrush!?!?!?!?!. He said yes, and I become an blubbering fan. I asked him if I could take a picture, saying my husband would never believe it, we watch your show all the time, blah blah blah. He said sure, then said, "Are you sure he's not going to be jealous? You're pretty good looking!" lol. Then, I went all motherly on him. I said, "How's your back? I worry about you." we talked a little about that. I asked him why he was on our side of the pond. He told me he moved here and is renting space and playing drums. After we left him, Josey turned to me and said, "I worry about you? Really Melanie???" hahahahaha. Uh, yeah, these are the things you say when you're "star struck". Funny thing? Josey wanted a picture with him, too, but she's never seen the show, nor did she know who he was LOL












No comments:

Post a Comment